Crystal Cruises®: Crystal Symphony®
With her sleek silhouette and shimmering elegance, the legendary Crystal Symphony finds a natural home in the world’s most glamorous harbors and idyllic ports of call. The hallmarks of Crystal – legendary service, abundant space, exceptional quality and unparalleled choices – have earned Crystal Symphony international recognition. In October 2017, the 50,000-ton Crystal Symphony will emerge from her longest-ever makeover, a multi-million-dollar Evolution of Crystal Luxury featuring spacious new suites and penthouses, new and expanded dining options with open seating, and more state-of-the-art technologies including free, unlimited Wi-Fi. The transformation reduces the guest capacity to just 848, thereby increasing service and space ratios to be among the industry’s loftiest. This stylish and contemporary vessel is your home away from home as you travel the globe.
Crystal Cruises®: Crystal Symphony®
If you believe that the journey is the adventure, then the fabulously carefree days at sea are sure to inspire the most meaningful stories. Mornings of yoga and Pilates, a rejuvenating hot stone massage, or a jog around the Promenade Deck. Afternoons quenching your curiosities about digital filmmaking at the Creative Learning Institute, sampling rare wines at a tasting, traditional afternoon tea every afternoon in the Pam Court, or mastering our technology skills on 27″ iMacs® – conveniently dual platform for Mac and PC users – at the Computer University@Sea. Perhaps you’ll attend an intriguing lecture or a lively dance class, practice your hand at painting, or perfect your golf game using TaylorMade® clubs at a PGA pro-hosted clinic. With Crystal, the choices are as endless as the sea.
With Crystal’s all-inclusive cruising, complimentary gratuities for housekeeping (Penthouse Butler, Penthouse Attendant, Stateroom Attendant and Trainee Stateroom Attendants), bar and dining staff (including specialty restaurants and in-room dining service staff) are included.
If you would like to present gratuities for other service personnel, please do so at your discretion, or if you have any questions regarding gratuities, please contact the Reception Desk on board.
Crystal suggests an 18% gratuity for Crystal Spa & Salon services, which will be automatically added to your bill and charged to your shipboard account for your convenience.
- Internet Café
- Movie Theater
- Show Lounge
- Bath Amenities/Toiletries
- Bath Robes
- Butler Service
- Complimentary Bottled Water (and/or Other Beverages)
- Direct Dial Phone
- DVD Player
- Exclusive Amenities
- Hair Dryer
- In-Stateroom Movies
- Luxury Bedding
- Minibar and/or Refrigerator
- Nightly Turndown Service
- Private Safe
- Showers and/or Bath Tubs
- Sitting Area
- Spacious Closet(s)
- Television / Radio
- Classes and Workshops
- Cocktail Hour
- Educational/Enrichment Programs
- Evening Entertainment
- Guest Lecturers
- Live Music
- Wine Tasting Seminars
- Beauty Salon
- Boutique(s) (duty-free)
- Business Services
- Concierge Desk
- Dry Cleaning/Laundry
- Infirmary / Medical Center
– A trained physician and medical staff are on call 24 hours a day. The professional services of this staff, as well as certain medications, are available on board at reasonable costs. Guests requiring ongoing medication, or having specific dietary needs, are advised to bring an ample supply of medication or dietary supplements with them in their carry-on luggage.
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- Self-Service Laundromat
SPORTS, HEALTH AND FITNESS
- Aerobics and/or Cardio Instruction
- Cardio Equipment
- Fitness Center
- Free Weights
- Full Service Spa
- Golf Cages and/or Golf Simulator
- Jogging Track
- Outdoor Swimming Pool(s)
- Paddle Tennis
- Personal Training
- Ping Pong
- Putting Greens
- Steam Room
- Weight Machines
- Weight Training
- Yoga and/or Pilates Instruction
CHILDREN AND TEENS
- Babysitters Available
– On all sailings and depending on demand, in-stateroom babysitting services for children 1 year and older are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Fees apply. Arrangements can be made through the Concierge located at the Reception Desk.
- Dedicated Children’s Center
- Dedicated Teen Center
- Seasonal Children’s Program
– Crystal ships feature a fully supervised Junior Activities program for kids between the ages of 3 and 17 on Holiday voyages and nearly all summer sailings, each with dedicated play areas for both young kids and teens. Children are supervised during their activities with the Junior Activities Directors, and children with parents’ permission are free to come and go as they please. The Junior Activities program is not intended to be utilized as a babysitting service or daycare facility. Children under the age of the 3 must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Youth Counselor Staff
- 24-hour Room Service
- Afternoon Tea
- Al Fresco Dining
- All Beverages Included In Cruise Fare
- Alternative Specialty Restaurant(s)
- Café/Coffee Bar
- Casual Dining Venue(s)
- Dining Style: Flexible Dining Options
- Dining Style: Formal Nights and Casual Evenings
- Dining Style: Open Seating
- Formal Restaurant(s)
- Ice Cream Bar
- Internet Access
All Crystal guests will enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi access for the duration of their voyage. New SpeedNet accelerators and recabled network technologies will make it easier than ever to stay connected with friends, family and business associates as you travel the world. Crystal Connect is an exclusive guest portal and digital app that allows guests to access the Internet directly from laptops, tablets and smartphones. From here, you can surf the web, browse the ships’ daily newsletter, access dozens of international news services, book spa appointments and Crystal Adventures shore excursions, and more. Aboard both ships, guests will also enjoy Crystal’s innovative Computer University@Sea®, a dedicated venue with 27” Macintosh computers offering complimentary instructional programs and classes
Please note: It is not possible to connect a laptop through the shipboard phone system directly to any phone number ashore for dial-up services. Skype, iChat, Facetime, and other similar services are not available on board.
Computer University@Sea Facilities
The popular Computer University@Sea program is offered on all cruises. CU@Sea provides e-mail services, internet access, group and individual instruction on use of a PC, extensive enrichment course offerings, and digital camera support. Complimentary classes allow you to master new technologies with Mac OS or Windows on 27″ Apple computers, and each ship has at least 25 state-of-the-art workstations. Details on CU@Sea programs, classes and hours are listed in the onboard daily newsletter Reflections. Internet Fees apply for internet access.
Rental PC laptops are available for guests’ use on board for a nominal daily charge. From these specially configured computers you can access the Internet, as well as your shipboard e-mail from your stateroom. The current schedule of charges is available on board.
- Pregnancy Policy
– Crystal Cruises is unable to accommodate women past their 24th week of pregnancy.
- Smoking Policy
– Crystal Cruises kindly asks all guests to observe the non-smoking areas on board which have been created for the comfort and enjoyment of everyone.
Indoor smoking is permitted only in the Connoisseur Club smoking lounge. Smoking is prohibited in all other indoor areas of the ship including all other public rooms, lounges, corridors and restaurants, as well as all staterooms, suites and verandahs. Please note, if smoke is detected in a stateroom or suite, a cleaning fee of $250 per incident will be billed to your account.
Outdoor smoking is allowed in a limited number of designated spaces as follows:
Cigarette Smoking (including electronic cigarettes):
- Decks 11, 10, 9, and 8 Aft
- Seahorse pool area, port side only
- Promenade Deck
Cigar and Pipe Smoking:
- Decks 11, 10, 9, and 8 Aft
- Special Dietary Needs – Advance Notice Required
– Guest requiring a special diet, including any food allergies, or needing specific food items during their cruise, should submit a written dietary request to the Onboard Guest Services Department, either by fax at (310)785-3975 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 90 days (3 months) prior to sailing. Guests must confirm arrangements with the Food and Beverage staff on the day of embarkation. There may be a charge for some special requests, as well as any applicable shipping fees.
A wide choice of pre-packaged kosher-certified meals, including meats, seafood and poultry, as well as white and red kosher wines, is available on a limited basis, on every itinerary. All chefs, kitchen and dining staff have been trained in kosher food preparation, handling and servicing. Only kosher pots, pans and utensils are used, and plates, silverware and glassware are washed separately. Due to limited provisioning resources, the number of guests per cruise who may partake in a kosher-style program is restricted to 20. Guests whose diet requires, or who wish to dine kosher-style, must provide Crystal Cruises with advance notice at the time of the initial reservation, and no less than 90 days prior to sailing. Crystal will do all they can to ensure guests’ needs are met. Due to limited availability, kosher-style dining is subject to confirmation from Crystal Cruises.
- Wheelchair Access & Special Needs
– Guests with any disability, including those primarily confined to wheelchairs or scooters, are medically oxygen dependent, are hearing impaired or use service animals, must notify Crystal Cruises at the time of booking as they may be required to submit forms for Release and Indemnity directly to Onboard Guest Services, by fax to 310-785-3975 or via email at email@example.com, prior to sailing.
For complete details and guidelines, guests who have special requirements, physical challenges or need oxygen should refer to the Onboard Accessibility Guide. If a guest would like a hard copy of the Onboard Accessibility Guide, they may request it through the Onboard Guest Services department.
Guests must bring their own wheelchair or electric scooter that does not exceed 22″ wide. Please note: Crystal Cruises reserves the right to limit the number of electric scooters on board.
Crystal’s ships were designed to be accessible for the physically challenged, with ramp access to most decks and public areas. Ships’ elevators can accommodate most wheelchairs, motorized wheelchairs or electrically-powered scooters that do not exceed 22″ wide, allowing access to all public decks. It is strongly recommended that the guest be accompanied by a traveling companion for better access to all areas on and around both Crystal ships, as well as ashore.
Certain staterooms offer extra-wide doors, fully wheelchair-accessible bathrooms and wheelchair-accessible closets with low-fitted hanging rods. Some suites offer limited wheelchair access to personal facilities. Staterooms and suites designated for guests with disabilities are subject to availability and must be reserved prior to boarding the ship.
As some ports of call are anchorage ports and others may be challenging, certain physical conditions may preclude guests requiring wheelchairs or scooters from going ashore, especially in tender ports. This decision is made at the discretion of the ship’s Captain for safety reasons and is binding.
The onboard Shore Excursions staff is able to assist with recommendations on which Crystal Adventures tours, if any, are best suited for guests with physical challenges or disabilities.
Additional conditions may apply and should be discussed in detail with Onboard Guest Services at time of booking.